Workstation defaults allow you to set the workstation to use for automatic End of Period processing notification and other workstation-specific defaults such as maximum number of open Patient Clipboards and patient picture print options.
Before you start
- Security access to Defaults – Practice dialog
- These settings are assigned at each individual workstation on your network.
Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Workstation
- Print Patient pictures on: select the documents on which to print pet pictures.
- Invoice Print: Select one of the following options as the default for this workstation:
- Full Invoice – Prints full page (8 1/2” x 11”) invoices.
- Invoice Receipt – Prints 3 1/8″ invoice receipts. The Epson TM-T88IV receipt printer required for printing invoice receipts.
- Document Settings: Set the Margins, Fonts, and Effects to use by default for documents created on this workstation. Click Change Fonts to update preferences.
- Whiteboard sort: Select from the Sort patients by drop-down list the default sort order for the Whiteboard Patients column. If not specified, the Patient Name is used.
- End of Period Notifications Workstation: select Use this workstation for unattended end of period notifications if you are currently logged into the workstation that you want to use for these notifications.
- Lab: Indicate the IDEXX Reference Lab account ID to use for placing lab orders from the designated workstation. This setting only applies to practices with multiple IDEXX lab accounts and MLSD configured.
- Patient Clipboard: Set the Maximum # of patient clipboards allowed to be open. 4 is the default, but it can be from 1-10.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- The pet’s picture can print on Boarding Check-in reports, Check-in reports, Estimates, Invoices, Prescription labels, Rabies certificates and Reminders.
- You can change the patients column sort order at any time directly on the Whiteboard using the Sort drop-down list.
- Workstations exceeding their maximum number of open Patient Clipboards will display a message, prompting them to close clipboards before opening another.
- The Invoice Print drop-down list is enabled if the Turn on invoice receipt option is selected in Invoice defaults. For Petly Plans subscribers using an invoice receipt, plan items with the Petly discount applied will appear with a paw print icon next to each item.
- Enter your IDEXX Reference Laboratories account number(s) under Lists > Practice > Update > Lab Acct ID. If both practice and workstation settings are entered, workstation settings will be used.