Assign inventory defaults to specific workstations to expedite inventory depletion verification. These settings are for multi-location inventory (MLI) or Multi-location single database (MLSD) configured practices only, and address inventory depletion for tracking inventory items being invoiced and the logged in practice.
Before you start
- Security access to Defaults – Practice dialog
- Inventory location(s) and group(s) setup
- Workstations connected to your network
To maintain accurate inventory quantities, it’s important to teach all staff members how to correctly verify inventory details. The key factors for this are location and location group defaults.
- Controls > Practice and Workstation > Workstation > Workstation–All
- Verify or select the workstation in which to apply inventory location and practice defaults.
- Select <None> or a specific practice to login to on the selected workstation.
- This is for Multi-location single database (MLSD) configured practices.
- Practices are set up under Lists > Practice.
- If applicable, from the Inventory Location Group drop-down list, select All locations or select a specific group location.
- In the location list, select the location that you want to assign to the workstation.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults for each workstation in the list or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- The workstation initially listed in the defaults is the one that is accessing the window. After each workstation selection and associated settings, click Apply and continue with additional workstation settings as needed.
- If both workstation and staff default settings are in place for inventory location or logged in practice, workstation defaults will be used.
- If the invoiced item’s QOH is not maintained in the default location, it can create a negative quantity for the verified amount in the location.