Units of measure for inventory items
Each inventory type item is billed in some unit of measure. Inventory items can use both a sell unit of measure (SUOM) and a buy unit of measure (BUOM).
Before you start
- Security access to Unit of Measure List, Unit of Measure Information dialogs.
- Review the common weights, measurements and amounts already set up in the units of measure list to avoid duplicates such as cc and ml or tab and tablet.
- If your practice uses the metric system, you should replace some measurements with metric units.
- Descriptions must be unique. Duplicate descriptions are not permitted.
- If you do not assign a controlled substance dosage unit to a unit of measure, Not Used will be automatically assigned and may interfere with the Controlled Substance Export file.
- Controls > Units of Measure
- Click New or select from the list and click Update.
- Enter/modify the description. Up to 20 alphanumerical characters and spaces can be used.
- Select a Controlled Substance Dosage Unit.
Unit of measure
- The Controlled Substance Dosage Unit is a hard coded drop-down list and cannot be modified. This correlates to the Controlled Substance Export feature.
- If you do not assign a unit of measure to an inventory item, Cornerstone automatically assigns the unit of measure None to the item.
- Controlled Substance Report
- Controlled Substance Export
- Invoice Item Setup Report
- Invoice Item Price Information
- Inventory reports