The most frequently asked questions about running, sorting, and interpreting reports.
What report should I run?
|I’m looking for…||Cornerstone report|
|How many items or services were sold||Invoice Item Sales Information Report|
|A list of invoice items||Invoice Item Setup Report|
|A price list||Invoice Item Setup Report|
|Overdue vaccines/reminders||Patient Reminder Letter Report|
|A list of call backs||Patient Reminder Recall Report|
|My top clients||High/Low Client Sales Report|
|A mid-day financial summary||Current Activity Report|
|Sales by staff/productivity||Statistics by Staff Report|
|Who bought/who got and item or service||Invoice Item Sales Information Report|
|Who owes money||Account Receivable Report|
|Who changed a price on an invoice||Standard Fee Exception reports|
|What time a payment was posted||Itemized Audit Trail|
|List of appointments for the day||Appointments Report|
|A list of the total spent on a patient||Equine Treatment Report (it’s not just for horses!)|
|All the invoices for a client or staff||Equine Treatment Report|
|A monthly income summary with taxes||Sales Tax Summary/Income Reconciliation – Closed Invoices|
How do I change preselected reports in the End of Day list?
In End of Period defaults, you can choose which reports are preselected when you open an end of period report window. Go to Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > End of Period. Note: security access is required to access default settings.
How can I get a weekly deposit report?
Reports > End of Period > End of Day > select Daily Deposit Report
In the Daily Reports window, select the first closed period, hold the SHIFT Key and click the ending closed period. All dates between will highlight and be included. Preview, print, or save as usual.
You can combine multiple periods for most daily, monthly and yearly reports. For example, quarterly totals, bi-monthly commission totals, or seasonal sales.
Why is there a lock symbol on a report in the list?
This means you do not have security access for the specific report. An administrator level user will need to adjust your security settings.
Why is there a star symbol on a report in the list?
This means the report has been designated as a favorite report.
Tip: click Show favorites only in the Report Search window to display your starred reports.
What does the Patient Visit number mean on the Daily and Monthly Sales Summary reports?
The total number of patients appearing on posted invoices for the selected period(s).
Tip: Use the Patient Census report by date range to obtain the number of patients actually ‘seen’ (checked-in).
Why are there two daily closed periods for the same date at end of each month when I know I only ran end of day once?
When running end of month, a second end of day is created that includes finance and billing charges plus revenue from any open invoices set to close with end of month processing. Select both daily periods to include for a full reporting picture for that business day.
How do I get a list of the security defaults that have been setup for a staff member?
Go to File > Security Setup > Security > Print. This report is available for Administrator designated staff only.
Why is my report preview displaying as the size of a label?
It is likely that your label printer is set as the default printer for this workstation.
Change it to your laser printer and set printer assignments under File > Printer Assignment > General reports:
- Select Label printer from the drop-down and highlight Lab Request Label. Click Ok.
- Select Laser printer from the drop-down and highlight any reports that should be defaulted to that printer.
- Use CTRL + Click or the SHIFT key to select multiple reports at once. Click Ok.
How do I get my end of the year inventory numbers? I forgot to run my cost report.
- If you processed end of year, the Inventory Cost report PDF was saved to the cstone/Share/EOYInvCost folder. This is usually located on your network drive, usually the C drive. The file name begins with the year report represents.
- If you processed the last day or month of the year with version 9.3 or higher installed, you can use the Inventory on Hand reports in the daily and monthly reporting groups.
- If the on hand report is not available and the inventory cost reports are not saved, customer support can assist provided you have a backup from the last day of the year. They can restore the backup to print the inventory cost report or you.