Specify information retention periods to apply when using the Purge Data tool.
Before you start
- Security access to Defaults – Practice
- Refer to all data retention laws for your state when setting these defaults regarding:
- Medical records
- Financial records
- Controlled substances
Set up Purge defaults
Navigate to Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Purging.
- Enter the default number of years to retain information when purging data for:
- Client accounts
- Patient billing
- Enter the default number of months to retain information when purging data for:
- Reminder letters
- Reminder calls
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- You cannot purge client or patient information within a set number of monthly or yearly periods. These settings are used to calculate the default Last date to purge when you open the Purge Information dialog box.
- These settings do not apply to the Delete Client tool.
- Purge report