Print or email reminders using Microsoft word
After creating your Word file from generating reminders, merge into the provided reminder template to print or email reminders.
Before you start
- To e-mail reminders, MS Outlook/Express physically must be installed on the computer you send reminders from. It can’t be a web-based version of the email.
- Your Internet service provider may have potential restrictions to the number of emails sent to prevent spamming.
- Your printer is busy until it has completed this print job.
- Do not exit word while reminders are running or the print job will be canceled.
- If you attempt to exit Word, a warning display to notify you that a print job will be canceled if you exit.
- Outlook must be open and signed into on the workstation that is performing the mail merge and emailing reminders.
Merging reminders files with word templates
Printing or emailing reminders with Word uses data from a Cornerstone generated file that is merged into a provided Microsoft Word document. Reminder templates are included in the Cornerstone programs folder.
- Generate reminders and create a Word file as your reminder type, noting the file name a file location.
- Search ‘reminder’ or ‘laser’ using Windows® search and then open the appropriate reminder template.
- In Microsoft Word, if any prompts for an SQL command or macros display, click Yes.
- From this point, steps will vary based on your version of Microsoft Word.
- Start with the Mail Merge Wizard and follow the steps provided on screen.
- For any questions on merging, use the Help menu within Microsoft word.
- The system will send reminders to all clients in the namelist.txt file.
- If you do not want to send printed reminders to clients selected to receive email reminders, you must filter out those records using options in the Query Options dialog box.
- If you do not change the default selections when you print reminders, all clients who have email addresses will also receive regular reminders.
- You can print mailing labels from the Cornerstone Editor using the sample document template for the Avery® 5160 label.
- Available Word reminder templates include:
- There is no postal address on the email reminder template, so be sure you do not select this option when printing postcards.
- If you have not generated email reminders before, edit your email.dot template to include your practice’s location information. If you do not edit this template, you will have incorrect location information on your email reminders.
These Cornerstone reports provide information from the actions outlined in this article. Each report has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
- Reminder Report
- Reminder Letter report