Price change reasons
You can specify whether the prices on invoice items can be changed and whether a reason for the change is required.
Set up reason codes to track why a price was changed. For example, if your practice offers price matching, you might want to set up a code to track this price change reason.
Before you start
- Price Change Reason Information
- Price Change Reason List
- Items with Allow change set to Only with reason.
- Reason codes cannot be changed once created.
Set up price change reasons
Navigate to Controls > Price Change Reasons.
Add a new reason
- Click New.
- Enter the reason code, up to three alphanumeric characters.
- Enter the reason, up to 30 alphanumeric characters/spaces.
- Select the status of the code.
- Click OK.
Update a reason
- Select a reason from the list and click Update.
- Modify the reason.
- Change the status to inactive, if needed.
- Click OK.
Delete a reason
- Select a reason from the list.
- Click Delete. Click Yes or No to confirm.
- If linked to a record, a message displays. Click OK.
- If unable to delete, inactivate the reason using update steps.
- A GID (Group Item Discount) code has already been created for you.
- Use this code to indicate when a group item discount is used. Example: When marking prices up or down within a group code.
- Do not modify this price change reason.
- For items that have Allow change set to Only with reason:
- When an an item is added to a billing window (estimate, Patient Visit List, invoice, etc.) and the price is changed, the Price change reason list will display.
- A reason must be selected by the user in order to retain the price change.
These Cornerstone reports provide information from the actions outlined in this article. Each report has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
- Standard Fee Exception reports