Performance Tracker reports
The Cornerstone Performance Tracker feature allows you to compare month-to-month data, based on end of month processing, within your practice. For example, compare your practice’s revenue from the last quarter of 2023 to the last quarter of 2022. Cornerstone performance tracker displays your data in dynamic graphs and includes interactive features.
Cornerstone performance tracker is accessible through Cornerstone’s Reports menu. You can view samples of Cornerstone performance tracker reports on the Report Search window.
Before you start
- At least 2 end of month periods must be processed to generate Performance Tracker reports.
- It is recommended to run Performance Tracker at a time of low system use.
How to run performance tracker reports
Navigate to Reports > Performance Tracker.
- Select which time periods you want to compare from the Tracking Period Box and the Comparison Period Box. Use the Shift key to select multiple consecutive months to create quarterly, biannual or yearly periods.
- Click Retrieve.
On the Summary tab, you will see the financial information compared between your selected time periods. Displayed information is based on what you selected in Performance Tracker defaults.
- Right-click to display/print graphs comparing your accounts receivable information, gross sales or preset discounts.
- Right-click to print a report showing the information on the Summary tab.
On the Doctor tab, you will see the gross sales for each doctor, compared between your selected time periods.
- Right-click on a doctor’s name to display any of the following graphs:
- Gross sales comparison by doctor
- Doctor’s monthly sales
- Top 15 services and top 15 inventory items for the doctor
- Right-click to print a report showing the information on the Doctor tab. You can use Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple or all doctors to include on the Doctor tab report.
On the Reminders tab, you will see your clients’ reminders compliance rate, based on what you selected on the Cornerstone performance tracker Default Reminder tab. This information is always current, even if a different time period is selected.
- Right-click on a line to see a detailed report of the overdue or missing reminders.
- Right-click on a reminder to generate a report or a file that can be merged with a reminder card or letter. You can use Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple or all reminders to include on the reminder reports.
- Adjust the date for Patients over 1 year with overdue reminders as needed and click Retrieve to reevaluate data. Date defaults to 1 year from current date by default.
Click Retrieve for Patients over 1 year with services never received to view data. Click Yes or No on the confirmation message to continue.
- Right-click in the field to generate a report or file that can be merged with a reminder card or letter. You can use Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple or all services to include on the reports.
On the Client tab, you will see a summary of how many new and active clients your practice has seen compared between your selected time periods.
- Active client definition and sales ranges are based on what you selected in Performance Tracker defaults.
- You can also view sales by postal code and the geographical spread of your clients.
- Right-click to print any of the following:
- Client Referral Report
- New Client Report
- Active Clients Report
- Sales by Postal code Report
- Sales Analysis Report
The Patient tab in Cornerstone Performance Tracker provides more detailed information about the types of patients seen at your practice.
- View any of the following:
- Sales by species, breed, and age.
- Active patients, as defined in Performance Tracker defaults.
- Right-click in the different sections of the tab to print reports applying to that section.
- For example, to print a report showing sales to feline owners, right-click on Feline under Sales by species and select Species Report.
- The species selected will also reflect in the breed and age sections of the Patient tab.
Performance Tracker reports
Performance Tracker reports can also by accessed by doing the following:
Navigate to Reports> Find a Report > Performance Tracker.
- Expand any of the report subgroups.
- Click any of the reports.
- Review displayed report field and data calculation descriptions and view report examples to help you choose the report that will work best for your needs.