Learn how to create frequently asked for patient reports such as patients with overdue reminders, patients of a specific breed, patients seen in a specific time frame and more.
- Each report outlined in this article has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
Common patient reports
Tip: Set key reports as a favorite to find quickly in the Report Search window. Security access for the specific report is required. Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Locate and select (highlight) the report. Click Favorite.
Copies of a patient’s invoices for a client (insurance claim).
All invoices for a patient for a date range
Client needs total spend on a specific patient within a date range.
Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Equine > Treatment Report.
- Keep the date range as first line, add AND
- Add Invoice Status range to include only open or closed invoices, if needed, and add AND. See notes.
- Add patient ID range (if client’s patient ID-s are sequential) or add Patient ID row per patient ID with OR statements in between.
Treatment report for a YTD date range with only closed invoices for a client’s two patients.
- Report date filters on either report looks at the line-item date, not the invoice save/post date.
- Reported amount includes any applied preset discounts. Sales tax amounts are included when report is saved to file (csv, xls).
- All invoices statuses (open/closed) are included on the report unless they were added as a report range filter. The invoice status is indicated when saved to a file. Example: closed/posted = 1, open/saved = 0.
- Manual discounts and payment information is not included in the report.
- It is not recommended to run the report for more than 1 patient at a time.
- This is to ensure the application of the date range and the invoice status is consistent.
- If patient IDs are consecutively sequential, a patient ID range for the client’s pets could be used.
Example: patient IDs 33201, 33202, 33203.
Find patients with completed call backs
Navigate to Reports > Find a report > Patient > Patient History Report.
- Only select Call Backs from History types.
- Change the range to Date and enter the applicable date range.
- Click “OK” button.
Patient History report for all call backs for month to date.
- The report can be run for a date range. The report preview displays a drop-down selection for all patients included on the report.
- Click Print to print the report for only the selected patient. Print All to print a separate report per patient.
- A patient’s history can be printed/emailed from the Patient Clipboard
Find patients with overdue reminders.
Find patients with a specific reminder.
Send patient list of upcoming reminders to a reminder service.
Navigate to Reports > Find a report > Patient > Reminder Letter Report.
- Add a reminder date range, if needed, add AND.
- Add a specific item ID, if needed.
- Click Preview, Print, or Save As. If using Save as, choose the file type compatible with reminder service.
Notes: Search ‘reminders’ in the Report search window for all available reports on reminders.
Find patients with no reminders or missing reminders
Navigate to Reports > Performance Tracker.
- Select a tracking and comparison period, based on end of month closings.
- Click Retrieve.
- Click Reminders tab.
- Adjust the date as needed for overdue reminders. It defaults to one year prior to the current date.
- Right-click on Patients over 1 year with missing reminders for report and reminder file options or in services not received areas.
- Requires reminder setup in Performance Tracker defaults.
- Data on the Reminders tab uses current information, regardless of the selected periods. To look at reminders specifically, select the last closed month for tracking and the previous closed month for comparison, so the report runs quicker.
- Search ‘no reminders’ in the Report Search window for all available reports on reminders.
Send records to another hospital
Navigate to either of the following:
- Reports > Find a report > Patient > Patient History Report.
- Click Print History on the Patient Clipboard with the patient selected.
- Enter the patient ID in the starting and ending values.
- Enter AND in the And/Or column.
- Enter the applicable date range.
- Select the appropriate History types to include.
- Click OK
- Click Print or Email.
- The History report is best run per patient ID.
- There may be file size limits in place for email or by your email provider. Either run history for a small time periods or adjust History types. Example: Run medical notes and correspondence separately.
List or report of new patients
Navigate to Reports > Client and Patient Report Builder.
Create a new or update existing report using Patient Information of Date record created.
Note: Once created, you can also access the report to run or update from Reports > Find a report > Client and Patient Reports.
List of patients for a specific breed and/or sex (a list of all female pugs for potential service/product marketing or inquiry for breeding).
Navigate to Reports > Find a report > Patient > Patient by Name. Add range filter for breed ID and sex description, if needed.
To get a report that filters for breed and/or sex, and also includes the age:
- Navigate to Reports > Client and Patient Report Builder.
- Create a new or update existing report using applicable Patient Information. Example: Last visit date, age, breed, sex, classification, etc.
- Run the report and click Print or Labels.
- The breed list is maintained under Lists > Species.
- Client and Patient Report Builder report output is preformatted for mailing labels (Avery 5160 equivalent). The client email address is available in the saved file format.
A list or report of active clients and patients with the client mailing address
Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Client > Mailing labels.
- Select the appropriate sort order for your needs .
- Add additional range filters as needed, such as client ID, postal code or species/breed.
- Report is pre-filtered for active clients and patients.
- The only option for this report is to save to a file. Print and preview options are not available.
What patients received a specific service, item, item lot number?
Navigate to Reports > Find a report > Invoice item > Invoice Item Sales Information.
- Enter Invoice date range, add AND.
- Enter invoice item and lot number ranges, as needed, using AND or OR statements appropriately.
- Click Preview.
- The date range on this report looks at the line-item date from a posted invoice. If it is common to have multiple days on a single posted invoice, adjust the range accordingly.
Example: Items dated from the end of august would not display on a report with a date range of September.
- Lot number details are on the report when it is saved to file.
- Search ‘patient sales’ in the Report Search window for all available reports.
Patients who have not been refilling medications, such as heartworm prevention.
Navigate to Reports > Invoice Item > Compliance Report.
- The patient would have had to purchase an item at least once to display on the report.
- Alternately, a Client and Patient Report Builder report can be used. Enter your heartworm test items in Items included in history and the applicable heartworm products in Items not included In patient history.
A list of deceased patients to send a sympathy card
Navigate to Reports > Patient > Deceased Patient.
- Set the date range.
- Click Preview, Print, or Save As.
Notes: Search ‘deceased’ in the Report Search window for all available reports.
Patients actually seen at the practice in a specific time frame
Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Patient Census report.
- Select Date In and/or Date Out range
- Click Preview, Print, or Save As.
- Report data is dependent on the patients being checked in and out (via invoice or manually) on a consistent basis.
- The report also provides check in date/time, check out date/time, reason for visit and staff IDs (provider and checked in by).
Learn what specific information is included in the above-mentioned reports:
- Navigate to Reports > Find a report.
- Locate and select (highlight) the report on the list.
- Review the included data fields and report description, including a sample report, in the right pane of the Report Search window.
Make note of any additional information available in a specific report using the Extra fields when saving to file details.