Online Payment requests
Subscribers to Cornerstone Payments integrated card processing can opt to enroll in Online Payments, which can send a payment request via email or text as part of your established invoicing and payment workflows. Once a payment is made and processed, it appears in your client’s account history automatically with a payment type of Online Card Payment. It also appears on deposit reports and payment registers accordingly.
Before you start
- An approved integrated provider payment account with Online Payments activated
- Security credentials appropriate for client account payments for the logged in use
- Client email address or phone number (can be entered when you send the request)
- This applies to US practices only
- Not compatible with xCharge payment software
Send a request
- Navigate to the Online Payment Request window through either:
- Post Invoice window > Pay Online checkbox
- Client Account Window > Pay Online button
- Patient Clipboard Account Information tab > right-click > Pay Online
- View, modify, or enter the requested payment amount.
- The value defaults to the current debit or invoice balance.
- If there is an active payment request, the current requested amount will be displayed instead.
- Zero, negative, or amounts outside the displayed minimum/maximum range are not allowed.
- In the Staff drop-down list, select the last name of the person sending the request. To search by other names, double-click in the field.
- Select Email or Text. You can use only one method per request.
- Update or modify the email address or text number, if needed. Only one address or phone number can be used per request.
- For email requests, update any messaging, if needed.
- Review or remove the attached invoice, if needed.
- The invoice is attached automatically if you began the payment request from the invoicing workflow.
- You cannot add other attachments.
- Attachments are only sent with text requests based on the configured vendor.
- Click Request.
Resend, modify, or cancel a request
From the Online Payment Request window:
- Update the payment amount and any other information as needed.
- Click Request or Deactivate.
- The prior request will be deactivated, and a new request will be sent, and any original attachments will also be sent, based on the configured vendor.
View request details and status
- Pathways to viewing requests:
- Client Account Information tab of the Patient Clipboard > right-click and select Pay Online
- Client Account window > Pay Online button
- View request details and status in the window.
- Click the Status button to see processing status. If status is Failed, an error is displayed but the request remains active.
- From the Post Invoice window:
- Clear Print invoice and Email invoice since an invoice copy will be included with the request.
- Selecting Pay Online will uncheck Apply payments. If the client is making both a physical and an online payment, select Apply Payments. Once the physical payment is posted, the Online Payment Request window opens.
- If sending a request from a new invoice while an existing request is in progress, the new request amount will default to the existing request amount.
- The payment window displays active request details.
- Deactivate any pending requests before writing off a client account to avoid unbalanced accounts if the client uses the request link before deactivation is complete.
- View and manage all request activity from the Pay Online Request Log.
Learn more about integrated payments
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s integrated payment solution, including Online Payments, visit software.idexx.com/cornerstone-integrated-payments.
Multi-location single database (MLSD)
- Payments are associated with the practice that sent the original request, even when requests are resent from a different practice.
- To change the practice that receives the payment, cancel the request and send a new one from the preferred practice.
- Deposit report and payment registers will reflect the practice sending and completing request.