Learn how to assign invoice types to prevent saved invoices from closing during end-of-month processing. Example: prescription pick up or hospitalization.
There are limited reporting options for invoice types.
Before you start
- Invoice Type List
- Invoice Type Setup
- Invoice defaults
- default type, if using
- require invoice types, if using
- Once an invoice type is used for a client invoice, it cannot be deleted
Setup invoice types
Navigate to Controls > Invoice Types.
- Click New or Update.
- Enter/modify a description, up to 30 characters/spaces.
- Clear Close at End of Month to have invoices of this type remain open when End of Month is processed.
- Click OK.
Delete invoice types
Unused invoice types can be removed by selecting them from the list and clicking Delete and then Yes or No to confirm.
- If Close At End Of Month is selected, Cornerstone will automatically close any invoice of this type during the end of month processing.
- View all saved (open) invoices with their associated invoice type on the Daily Planner Invoices tab.
These Cornerstone reports provide information from the actions outlined in this article. Each report has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
Note: Invoicing information by invoice type is only available when these reports are saved to file.
- Invoice Item Sales Information report
- Treatment report