Invoice item reporting
Learn how to create frequently asked for invoice item reports such as a list of current prices, active items, who bought specific items in a specific time frame, and more.
- Each report outlined in this article has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
Common invoice item reports
Tip: Set key reports as a favorite to find quickly in the Report Search window. Security access for the specific report is required. Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Locate and select (highlight) the report. Click Favorite.
I would like to make an item list.
I need to print a price list.
How can I see all my active items?
Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Invoice Item > Invoice Item Setup.
- Select the appropriate sort order for your needs.
- Add range filters as needed, such as status (active) with AND statements.
Notes: Search ‘item list’ or ‘price list ‘on the Report Search window for a list of available reports.
I need to know how many of an item I sold, and I’d like to know who got it.
I need to see who got/who bought an item in (defined time frame)
What patients received a specific service or inventory item?
Navigate to Reports > Find a report > Invoice item > Invoice Item Sales Information.
- Enter Invoice date range, add AND
- Add other range filters as needed, such as a range of sequential item IDs or an item class.
- If using additional ranges, add AND or OR statements appropriately.
- Click Preview.
- The date range on this report looks at the line-item date from a posted invoice. If it is common to have multiple days on a single posted invoice, adjust the range accordingly. Example: Items dated from the end of August would not display on a report with date range of September.
- Lot number details are on the report when it is saved to a file.
- Search ‘patient sales’ in the Report Search window for available reports.
What are my top items?
Sales data for quantity sold and revenue is available on several different end of period reports. Based on your criteria (item type, date range, etc.), the following reports can be used to provide the numbers. These reports will require a spreadsheet reporting tool such as excel®, to sort information to your preferences.
- Reports > Find a Report > End of Month or Year > Inventory Sales Reports
- Reports > Find a Report > End of Month or Year > Serv. Sales Reports
- Reports > Find a Report > End of Month > YTD Net Sales by Class, Item or Type, Class, Item
- Based on the report, do one of the following:
- For Inventory or Serv. Sales reports: Select an appropriate period. Use Ctrl + Shift to select consecutive multiple periods.
- For YTD Net Sales reports: Select a single closed period. Year to date reports are not available from Current.
- Click Preview, Print or Save As.
- When saving the report to file, save to .csv or .xls or appropriate file type for the spreadsheet reporting tool you use.
- Add range filters as needed, such as class or item type, using AND statements between range rows.
- Click OK.
- Items may display on report print or preview as ‘duplicates’ if the item description was modified during the selected period(s).
- Inventory and Service Sales reports use gross sales whereas year to date Net Sales reports use net sales.
- When saved to a file, the calculated data rows display as separate lines. Use a spreadsheet reporting tool to quickly recombine them.
- Basic excel® steps:
Note: For more information on excel®, please work with someone on your practices team, with spreadsheet skills. Cornerstone support does not provide assistance on non IDEXX products.
- Open the saved file. Note column header names used for item description, quantity, and revenue.
- Insert a pivot table.
- Select the item description field first.
- Select the quantity and revenue fields next.
- Open the drop down > more sort options.
- Select Descending and choose column and click OK.
Note: If your practice already has the Practice Explorer® module, a Top Items report is available. This report needs to be set up by support.
Is there a report that helps me determine who is behind on heartworm medication?
Once dispensed, use the Compliance report to see what items patients have not been repurchasing.
- Reports > Find a Report > Invoice Item > Compliance report.
- Enter Invoice date range, add AND.
- Enter Item ID range filter to view for specific items.
- Click Preview, Print or Save As.
Note: Without a date range or specific item IDs, the report will display all items invoiced, including services.
Use the Client and Patient Report Builder to find patients that never purchased preventive and would not be on compliance report.
Navigate to Reports > Client and Patient Report Builder. Create a new or update an existing report using Patient Information of Items Not included in history.
- Note: Once created, you can also access the report to run or update from Reports > Find a report > Client and Patient Reports.
I need a controlled substance log.
Navigate to Reports > Find a Report > Invoice Item > Controlled Substance Report.
- Select the appropriate sort order for your needs .
- Add range filters as needed, such as Invoice Date.
Learn what specific information is included in the above-mentioned reports:
- Navigate to Reports > Find a report.
- Locate and select (highlight) the report on the list.
- Review the included data fields and report description, including a sample report, in the right pane of the Report Search window.
Make note of any additional information available in a specific report using the Extra fields when saving to file details.