Invoice Item List
Use the Invoice Item List to search for, view, create, and update invoice items.
Before you start
- Security access to Invoice Item list, View Inventory Cost dialogs as appropriate to the logged in user’s role.
- Item classifications setup
Accessing the Invoice Item List
Lists > Invoice Item
Adjust the window display by one or more of the following:
- Classification: Narrow the list of items by entering an ID or pressing F2 to search and select an item classification.
- Include: Select/deselect item types and status to display.
- Search by: Select Description or Item ID. This also controls the order of items shown.
- Invoice Item Information: Enter a description or ID, based on your Search by selection.
- Select Search for word to apply a search description to any part of the description. In the above example, searching for rab results in ImRab 3 (Inventory), PureVax feline Rabies INVENTORY, Rabies and tabs, Rabies Canine 1 YR Booster, etc.
Invoice Item List results
- Description: The item’s hospital description.
- Classification: The item’s classification
- Price: The base dollar amount from the invoice item information tab.
- Item ID: The item’s ID
- S = Service
- I = Inventory
- G = Group
- P = Pick list
- D = Dispensing item
- Inventory tracking: the hashtag on the hand icon indicates Cornerstone is tracking quantity on hand for the item.
- Price details: click the $ icon to see pricing details for the selected row including:
- Minimum price.
- Dispensing fee.
- Last cost for items that are tracking inventory.
- Quantity-based billing amount and markup.
- Associated Dispensing items.
- As you enter a description or ID, the list automatically scrolls to the area that most closely matches whatever you are typing.
- Inactive items display with (I) at end of their description.
- When accessing the invoice item list from an Item ID field on an invoice, estimate, PVL, document, etc., only active items display and can be selected.
- When accessing the invoice item list from Inventory windows, only inventory type items will display.
Cost and Price
- The ability to see an item’s last cost when clicking the $ icon is controlled by the View Inventory Cost security access.
- Because pricing for group-type invoice items varies based on settings and patient signalment, the price listed in the search window may not reflect the final price when using the group on a specific patient.
- To print a list of your invoice items, use the Invoice Item Setup information report.
Searching for items
- Invoice Item List selections for Search by and Search for word are retained per workstation. When opening the Invoice Item List, the cursor is either in the Description or Item ID field based on your workstation’s last selection of Search By.
- When searching similarly named items, use the classification and type information to select the appropriate item when entering charges and looking up items. For example, unchecking all item types except service will help ensure that the correct vaccination service is billed vs. the related inventory item.
- Invoice Item Setup Information Report