Invoice item defaults
Invoice Item defaults are used when setting up new invoice items. These defaults do not update existing items. Some defaults include ID assignment, applying taxes and discounts, dispensing fees, and the units of measure.
Before you start
- Security access to Default – Practice dialog
- Taxes, discounts and units of measure setup
To avoid duplicate taxes being applied to new invoice items, determine which of the defaults for tax will be used:
- Invoice item defaults
- Item classification setting
- Individual item setting
Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Invoice Item
- Item ID: Type the beginning invoice item ID number to use when Auto assign is selected.
- Auto assign: Automatically generates sequential ID numbers when setting up new invoice items.
- Service tax/Inventory tax: If there are specific taxes that are always applicable to inventory and/or service items, select those sales tax(es) to apply when creating new service or inventory items.
- Service discount/Inventory discount: If there are specific discounts that are always applicable to new service or inventory invoice items, select those discount(s) to apply when creating new service or inventory items.
- Dispensing fee: Enter your standard dispensing fee amount to apply to when creating new inventory type invoice items.
- Unit of measure: Select a unit of measure to apply when creating new inventory type invoice items, if applicable. It is recommended to select [None] and set the unit of measure per item.
- Group item printing option: Select the default printing option to use for group items on the invoice:
- Print all lines, show line amounts: Prints the name of the group and individual lines for each item in the group and amounts for each item.
- Print all lines, show group total amount: Prints the name of the group and individual lines for each item in the group, but only shows the total amount on the group line at the top.
- Print detail lines only: Prints only the individual lines for each item in the group and the amount for each item.
- Print group line only: Prints only the name of the group and the total amount.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults or click OK to save your changes and close the window.