Inventory Management: Returns to Vendor
Return inventory items that are maintaining quantity on hand (QOH) to Vendor.
Before you start
- Security access to Inventory – Return to Vendor
- Vendors set up
- Returns cannot be voided.
Returning an item to vendor
Inventory > Return to Vendor
- Select the vendor the item is being returned to.
- Enter the vendor’s Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, if known.
- Modify the date for return, if needed.
- Locate the items to return in the Find items to return area:
- Search by description or item ID.
- Use the filters to search by location (if applicable), item ID, and/or primary vendor.
- Click Advanced search to search by additional fields of classification, lot number and/or expiration dates, or group (multi-location inventory only).
- Select an item to return or use Shift or Ctrl + click to select multiple items. Click Return.
- For each item being returned, do the following as needed:
- Adjust quantity being returned. The unit of measure (UOM) is based on the sell unit of measure.
- Enter the tax amount the vendor charged for the item. You can also enter a total tax amount in the Total Tax box for all of the items.
- Add a note for the reason for return.
- If an item was selected that should not be returned, click Remove item.
- Enter an amount in the Restock fee and Shipping fields, if needed.
- Review the total cost. Modify restock fee, shipping and total tax, as needed.
- Click one of the following:
- Save: Post information and exit.
- Save & Print: Post and print the Inventory Returns Report.
- Cancel: Exit without saving.
Note: Saving the return will deplete the quantity on hand and update the cost on hand for the item(s).
- All QOH tracking items with a current QOH display by default in the Find items to return area.
- Notes do not print on the Returns Report.
- Sort the window using available filters and column headers.
- Right-click the column header row to adjust column display.
- Drag columns to the preferred order. Cornerstone will keep the order of columns for the logged in user. Example: A user drags the Description column to be before the ID column. The next time the user logs in, Description will be before ID.
- Returns Report
- Purchase History Report
- Audit Report