Inventory management: Internal stock use
Deplete inventory and capture associated cost as an internal cost of goods from the Internal Usage report. A cost center must be used to perform internal stock use.
Before you start
Using the internal stock use feature
Inventory > Internal Stock Use
- Enter Item ID or F2 to search and select item.
- Enter quantity to deduct from inventory.
- Enter lot information, if tracking.
- Enter the expiration date, if tracking.
- Modify date used, if needed.
- If using Multi-location inventory, indicate the location to delete from.
- Select cost center.
- Select usage tax(es) to apply, if needed.
- Enter or modify cost, if needed.
- Check total cost for accuracy (quantity x cost + usage tax)
- Click Save.
Internal stock use
- Internal Stock use is only for items tracking quantity on hand (QOH).
- Required fields are marked with an * .
- When performing internal stock use for items not physically present and are tracking lot or expiration dates or associated with more than one location (Multi-location inventory only):
- Open View Quantity on Hand window first and bring up item(s) so lot/exp date and location (MLI only) information is available.
- Open Internal Stock Use window and drag down so both windows visible.
- Complete steps above using the lot/expiration date info from the View Quantity on Hand window.
- This will help avoid incorrect entries that can cause a negative quantity and will not match on hand records.
- Click Save to have the internal stock use transaction appear on the Internal Usage report. This report is accessed from the Print button on the Internal Stock Use window.
- Internal Usage Report
- Usage Tax Report
- Audit Report