End of Period Defaults
End of Period defaults are used to preselect specific reports when you open the End of Day, End of Month, and End of Year report lists, have the reports print all together when clicking Print from the corresponding end of period report list window. Other settings include charge calculations generated at End of Month processing and mobile computing synchronization options.
Before You Start
Security access to Defaults – Practice dialog
- Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > End of Period
- Use the Daily reports, Monthly Reports and Yearly Reports lists to preselect the reports to include when you print from the End of Period report windows. Use the scroll bars to view each complete list.
- In the Monthly closing area, set the following by selecting and entering the corresponding percentage or amount:
- Finance charge percent – The monthly finance charge percentage to be applied to client balances.
- Minimum finance charge – The minimum finance charge amount.
- Billing charge – The billing charge amount to be applied.
- Billing threshold – The minimum client balance to apply the billing charge amount, generate a monthly statement.
- Mobile Computing module only:
- Select Run End of Day before and after mobile computer synchronization to create separate end-of-day records on the main system by processing end-of-day for each synchronized mobile computer.
- To ensure that mobiles are synced in a timely manner prior to End of Month, set the number of hours that you want to allow to pass before End of Month will not run without syncing mobiles first.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- Client A/R Information
- End of Day:
- Daily Revenue report
- Itemized Audit Trail
- End of Month:
- Finance Charge reports
- Accounts Receivable Status report
- Monthly Invoices and Statements
- Sales Tax Summary/Income Reconciliation