Discount Setup and Management
Setup discounts to use on estimates, PVLs, invoices, and client settings. Discounts can be applied to invoice items individually or automatically when an invoice item and client settings match.
Before you start
- Security access to Discounts and Discount Setup to create and maintain preset discounts.
- Security access to Invoice Item Information, Mass markup, and Client Information A/R info dialogs to complete the setup to automate discount application.
- Security access to Defaults – Practice to set Invoice defaults to print discount information per invoice line item
Add or modify discounts
- Controls > Discounts
- Click New or select existing discount and click Update.
- Enter/modify a discount description. The description will appear on the invoice.
- Enter/modify a percentage and press TAB.
- Enter a GL Account name if your practice uses the General Ledger interface.
- Modify status, if needed
- Click OK.
Add discounts to individual items
- Lists > Invoice Item > Update > Tax/Disc tab
- Select the discount(s) in the Discounts to apply field and click OK.
Add discounts to multiple items
Note: Exclusive use of Cornerstone is required when using the Mass Markup tool.
- Tools > Mass Markup > Discount tab
- Use Invoice item information and Type options to create list of items .
- Select the discount in the lower field.
- Do one of the following:
- Select items using Ctrl + click.
- Click Select All, deselect items as needed using Ctrl + click.
- Click Add.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat steps as needed for additional discounts.
Associate discounts with individual clients
- Client information > Update > A/R Information tab
- Select discount(s) from the Applicable Discounts field.
- Click OK.
Set discount print detail
Discounts are described and totaled at the bottom of invoices. If you would like discounts to be added to individual lines on invoices, apply the following setting:
- Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Invoice
- Select Print discount pricing if you want discount information to display per line item on the client invoice. This applies to preset discounts only.
- Click Apply.
- For Petly Plans subscribers: When Petly integration activated, a Petly Plans 100% Discount is created. This discount is not editable. If you opt out of using the automatic discounting feature, this discount will be inactivated.
- If a discount is linked to items and the client, discounts will automatically by applied for the client on estimates, PVLs, and invoices.
- Once a discount is created, it is available from the estimate, PVL, and invoice windows and can be applied per line by clicking the DISC column. If the discount is not assigned to the client, an alert will appear.
- While discounting can be performed a few different ways, the use of preset discounts is recommended to ensure consistent use, appropriate application, and uniform reporting.
- Inactive discounts do not display in any of the lists of available discounts and are not applied to invoice items on invoices.
- If you make a discount inactive, any discounted items that are currently on an estimate, Patient Visit List, or a saved invoice will retain the discount.
- To reuse an inactive discount, change the status to Active. Any previous links to invoice items or clients are also reactivated.
- Daily Discount reports by staff or by discount
- Daily Revenue Report
- Itemized Audit Trail
- Daily Invoice Register reports
- Monthly Discount reports by staff or by discount
- End of Period Sales Summary reports
- Client Discount Report
- Invoice item Information Report