Use client defaults to save time when setting up new clients to include selections you use most frequently, like client classification and A/R information.
Before You Start
Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Client
- In the Client information area, set the following options as needed for your practice:
- Client ID: Type the starting client ID number to use when Auto assign is selected.
- Auto assign: Automatically generates sequential ID numbers when setting up new clients.
- Recently accessed clients: Enter the number of recently accessed clients you want Cornerstone to remember, up to 20. The recent clients appear first when you access the client drop-down field.
- Classification: Select the most commonly used client classification. Client classification can be updated at any time.
- Use most recent client: Displays the client whose record was last opened. This applies to individual workstations.
- Postal Code: Type or F2 to search and select the most common postal code to use for new client addresses.
- Area/City code: Type the most common area or city code to use for new telephone numbers.
- In the A/R information area, set the following defaults:
- Credit code: Credit codes determine which forms of payment can be taken from a client. Select the most common credit code to be used for a new client. This can be changed in the client’s A/R Information tab at any time.
- Billing Charge: Check the box to ensure new clients receive billing charges, if applicable
- Finance Charge: Check the box to ensure new clients receive finance charges, if applicable
- Tax Exempt: Check the box if it is most common for your new clients to be tax exempt.
- Show client balances on trainer reminder reports: Prints account balances on trainer reminder reports.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- You can manually assign client IDs as needed when using auto assign IDs.
- The most recent client setting also applies when using F2 in a client ID field, with most recent client displayed. Press F7 to move backward and F8 to move forward through the list of recent clients. The actual clients in the list may vary from workstation to workstation, but the number of recent clients stays the same.
- The Credit Code is a required field to create a new client.
- When omit voided invoices and payments in statements is selected, a voided invoice is also part of the current statement. If the original invoice was included in a prior Month-End period that is not selected, the voided invoice will be included in the current statement (regardless of the Omit voided invoices setting).