Client account management: Writing off and reinstating client accounts
Writing off a client sets their account balance to zero, inactivates their account, and adds an alert to their account. Reinstate the client to restore the balance, reactivate the client, an update the alert.
Before you start
- Security access to Client Account and Client Account Write Off/Reinstate dialogs.
- All invoices for the client are posted.
- Deactivate any pending online payment requests to avoid unbalanced accounts if the client uses the request link before deactivation is complete.
- Write offs cannot be voided. If an error occurs, you can reinstate the client.
- Once written off, the client alerts of Client Written Off and Client Reinstated cannot be removed from the client’s account.
- Access the write off function from the following places:
- Client Account window > Write Off button
- Patient Clipboard > Account Information tab > right-click > Write Off
- Enter a comment to document the account write off. Comments appear in client account history and cannot be edited or voided.
- Click Write Off.
If you try to take a payment for a client that has been written off, a message will display. The account must be reinstated before a payment can be taken on the account.
- Access the reinstate function from the following places:
- Client Account window > Reinstate button
- Patient Clipboard > Account Information tab > right-click > Reinstate
- Enter a comment to document the account reinstatement. Comments appear in client account history and cannot be edited or voided.
- Click Reinstate.
- Client Write Off Report