Client account management: Transferring a balance
Transfer balances and credits between client accounts. The transfer appears in both clients’ account histories.
Before you start
- Security access to Client Account Transfer dialog
- You can only perform a transfer when the From client has a balance (debit or credit).
- Transfers cannot be voided. If an error occurs, perform another transfer to reverse the original transaction.
Transfer a balance
- Navigate to either:
- Client Account window > Transfer
- Patient Clipboard > Account Information tab > right-click > Transfer
- Enter the Transfer To Client ID or press F2 to search and select the client.
- Enter either the percentage of the balance or the dollar amount to transfer, and the corresponding value calculates for you. For credit amount transfers, enter the amount as a negative.
- Review the balances for both accounts for accuracy.
- Click OK.
After performing a transfer, it is best practice to enter an account comment to explain the reason for the transfer. Comments appear on the Client Account History report.
- Click Comment or right click > Comment.
- Enter any notes and your initials.
- Click OK.
Note: Comments cannot be edited or voided. Comments can be filtered from the client account report.
- Balance transfers:
- You cannot transfer an amount greater than the from client’s account balance.
- The transfer amount is deducted from the most recent balance and transferred as a current balance.
- Credit transfers for a specific dollar amount must be entered as a negative value. For example, on a credit balance of $75.89, transferring $25.00 would be entered as -$25.00 then display as (25.00) in red.
- Transferring a credit balance will be treated as a payment on account for the Transfer To client account’s balance. If there is a balance on the account transferred to, the amount is applied to finance charges then to the oldest balance.
- If an error is made, perform another transfer using the original Transfer To client and transfer back to the original Transfer From account to correct client balances.
- Itemized Audit Trail
- Accounts Receivable reports
- Client Account History