Set workstations to automatically lock or to logoff and close Cornerstone after a period of inactivity.
Before You Start
- Security access to Defaults – Practice to set up the function
- Security access to Auto-lock – Force Logoff for users able to perform the function.
- Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Workstation > Auto-Lock/Logoff
- Do one of the following to choose how to apply Auto-Lock/Logoff settings:
- Select the workstation from the drop-down list
- Select the Apply to all workstations check box
- In the Lock/Logoff area, select one of the following:
- Do not use Automatic Lock/Logoff
- Lock Cornerstone
The password of the current user will be required to unlock Cornerstone.
- Automatically logoff user
Cornerstone will close after the designated time period and unsaved data will be lost.
- In the Configuration Settings area:
- Select the idle time (the period of time for inactivity) in minutes. The time can be set from 5 to 30 minutes.
- Set the countdown display timer to show the amount of time remaining before the workstation is locked or logged off.
- The timer can be set from 10 seconds to 5 minutes.
- The Countdown Display Timer will appear and begin counting at the expiration of the Idle Timer.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting for additional workstations or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- Close and reopen Cornerstone on all workstations to which the changes will apply.
- When a workstation is configured for auto-logoff, the following message will display after five minutes of inactivity:
- To track locking and logoff activity, use the log file found under File > Auto-Logoff Log.
- Auto-Logoff functionality cannot be used for designated laboratory workstations. If you select Apply to all workstations, the settings will not be applied to any designated laboratory workstations.
- These settings apply to Cornerstone only and do not disconnect VMware Horizon. VMware Horizon has its own timeout settings and will override Cornerstone lock/logoff settings.
- If you log out of VMware Horizon without logging out of Cornerstone, the next time you open Cornerstone it will display the last open window.