Use Colors to help identify your patients.
Before you start
- Setup Security
- Color Setup
- Review the colors that are already set up in the Colors list before adding new colors.
- Descriptions must be unique. Duplicates are not permitted.
Navigate to Controls > Colors.
Add a patient color
- Click New.
- Type a Description, up to 30 alphanumeric characters/spaces.
- Click OK.
Modify a patient color
- Click Update.
- Modify the Description.
- Click OK.
Delete a patient color
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes or No to confirm.
Note: Patients with the associated color will continue to display with the color on the Patient Clipboard, Patient Information window and on patient reports. Once the color is deleted, it will no longer display on the color list for new or existing patients.
- Access the color list when setting up new or updating existing patients. This can be done from the Patient Information window’s Information tab.
- Decide on a standard description method for color combinations to avoid duplicates.
Example: Black/White vs. Black and white
These Cornerstone reports provide information from the actions outlined in this article. Each report has its own security access under the Reports tab of the Security Setup window.
A patient’s associated color appears on the following reports:
- Patient History Report
- Rabies Tag Report
- Vaccine Tag Report
- IDEXX Learning Center course: title of course (highlight text add link > open in new window)
- 3-min video: title of video
- QRG title