Appointment Scheduler: Staff hours and room permissions setup
Staff hours and room permissions populate the staff dropdown field on the Schedule for Today window and warn the user if scheduling an appointment at a time or in a room not assigned to the Staff ID being scheduled.
Before you start
- Staff IDs created for all staff seeing appointment
- Security access to Appointment-Staff Setup, Appointment-Staff Hours Setup and Appointment-Staff Goals Setup dialogs
- Controls > Appointment Scheduler > Staff Setup
- Select the staff member and click Hours.
- Staff hours default to the practice hours. Modify the staff’s schedule for appointments by adjusting times that differ from practice hours or clearing checkboxes. Any times outside the practice default will be highlighted in yellow. Skip this step if the staff member can be scheduled at any time during practice hours.
- Click OK to save changes and return to the Staff Setup window.
- With same staff member selected, click Goals.
- Select a room from the drop down where this staff may have an appointment scheduled. Repeat as needed for additional rooms.
- If the practice tracks daily sales goals for a staff member, type the staff member’s revenue goal for each day in each applicable room.
- Click OK.
- The staff list used for staff hours and goals only displays active staff.
- Only staff members that are active and have hour defaults set appear in the staff drop down list on the Schedule for Today and Week windows.
- Active staff that are appearing in these drop downs but do not see appointments can be removed by clearing all checkboxes in the Staff Hours window.
- Hours must be set before goals can be assigned.
- If the staff member does not have a set schedule, keep hours the same as practice hours and use blocks and/or scheduling templates to indicate unavailable times.
- Hours displayed are based on the hours set in practice defaults.
- Staff lunch times are displayed on the Schedule for Today window in the lunch color selected in practice defaults.
- A message will display warning the user if an appointment is scheduled at a time or in a room not assigned to the Staff ID being scheduled.
Time entry tips
- Use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy and paste times.
- Use 24-hour military time to avoid typing am and pm. For example, type 17:30 for 5:30 pm.
Staff rooms and goals
- The staff member’s scheduled vs. revenue goals will appear in the upper left corner of the Schedule for Today window.
- To generate an accurate Scheduled vs. Goals Report, dollar amounts must be entered in the Amount field when scheduling.
- Practice and Staff Hours report
- Scheduled vs. Goal Report