Appointment Scheduler: Setup checklist
Use the required and optional setups listed below to ensure that your appointment scheduler is configured properly for your practice.
Consider before setup
Define an appointment scheduling plan for your practice before setting up rooms and reasons for visit.
- Are appointments scheduled by staff member or by room/location?
- How do you want the room name (staff name, staff title, room number, etc.) to display in the
Schedule for Today window?
- Are surgeries scheduled in a doctor’s column or a specific surgery column?
- Are appointments scheduled for drop-offs, technicians, or groomers?
- How is overbooking handled?
- Set up rooms: Rooms appear as column headers on the Schedule for Today window.
- Set up Appointment Scheduler defaults.
- Set up practice hours: Defines time units and hours used on the Schedule for Today window.
- Set up practice holidays.
- Set up reasons for visit and reason for visit defaults.
- Set up staff schedules.
- Set up appointment suites based on rooms.
- Set up schedule templates to define the appearance of the Schedule for Today window.
- Assign scheduling templates to days of the week.
- Set up next appointment reminders.
- Set up daily staff revenue goals for each room.
- Set up printer assignments and security access for appointment reports.