Appointment Scheduler: Locate and Find appointment options
Use Locate to search for a client’s existing appointments. Use Find to search for an available appointment based on entered criteria such as staff, time, and days of week.
Before you start
- Appointment – Find Appointments
- Appointment – Locate Appointments
Searching for appointments by specific reason for visit or staff will not yield results unless the related setups are in place.
Locate an existing appointment
- Navigate to Toolbar > Appointment Scheduler > Locate.
- From the Client ID field, do any of these:
- Select a recently accessed client from the drop down.
- Enter the client ID and press the Tab key.
- F2 or double-click to search and select from the Client List.
- Acknowledge any client alerts.
- From the displayed list of appointments, double-click a row or click Go To.
- You can also access this information from the Appointment tabs of the Patient Clipboard.
Find an available appointment
Navigate to Toolbar > Appointment Scheduler > Find.
Specify information in the available fields as applicable:
- Room: Do one of the following:
- Use all preselected rooms to search.
- Click a single room.
- Use CTRL key and click on each room to select/deselect.
- Reason for Visit: Select a specific reason for visit.
- Staff: Select staff to schedule appointment for.
- Units: Modify the number of time units needed for the appointment.
- Date range: adjust dates in From and To fields using any of the following:
- Type over the date using mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Double-click date field to pick a date from a calendar.
- Use the single arrow to move a month at a time.
- Use the double-arrow to move six months at a time.
- Click Today to reset From date to current date.
- Preferred time: Select AM only, PM only or Specific range and enter times.
- Day of week: Select each day to include in the search.
- Click Search. Available times will display in the list based on the criteria entered.
- Click Stop, as needed, to halt the search.
- Select a displayed row and click Schedule or double-click a row to create the appointment.
- After scheduling the appointment, the search is closed. If you cancel scheduling from the search results, you are returned to the results list. Do one of the following:
- Select a different search result to schedule.
- Click Cancel to return to search criteria settings. Proceed with an additional search or click Cancel to close the search.
- Enter times in military format to save time from typing am and pm. Example: Enter 1:30p.m. as 13.30.
- Locating appointments will display all past appointments for the client. The Patient Clipboard Appointments tab displays:
- Past appointments from last 180 days
- Current and future appointments
- If not using scheduling templates, searching by a specific reason for visit will not return any available appointments.
Example: In the template below, the reason for visit of dental is not specified. Therefore, searching for only the reason for visit of dental will not return any available appointment times.
- Searches for a specific staff member will only return available appointments for rooms the staff is assigned to from staff hours and goals (room permissions).
Example: Searching for Dr. Blinker will only return appointment times for the room names of Dr. Blinker and Drop Off/Sx.
Date and time
- The From date defaults to the current date regardless of what date the Schedule for Today window is opened to. The To date defaults to two weeks in the future.
- Time units are based on the appointment scheduler time increments of 10 or 15. They are also based on reason for visit defaults, when searching for a specific reason.
- The From and To time is based on hospital hours.
- AM only searches from the opening time through the last time increment before 12:00 p.m.
Example: When using 10-minute increments, the search will list 11:50 a.m. as the last time slot.
- PM only searches from 12:00 p.m. through the practice’s closing time.
Example: When using 15-minute increments, and the practice is open until 6:00 p.m., the search will list 5:45p.m. as the last time slot.
- Practice and Staff Hours Report