Account defaults can be set for frequently used selections when working with client payments, returned checks, and account adjustments.
Before you start
- Security access to Defaults – Practice dialog
- Payment types set up
- Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Account.
- In the Payment area, set the following defaults as needed:
- Payment type – Select a default payment type to appear when a client makes a payment. Note: This is not recommended unless a single payment type is used exclusively, as it may result in payment errors.
- Calculate change given: Automatically calculates the amount of change to give to the client when posting a payment amount greater than the amount due.
- Use Cashier ID: Requires a password when taking a payment and tracks which staff members entered payments.
- Print heading: Prints your practice information at the top of the payment receipt.
- Copies: Specify the number of payment receipt copies to print.
- In the Returned check area, enter a Service charge to be applied when using the returned check action.
- In the Adjustment comment area, enter a default comment to appear when performing an account balance adjustment. This comment can be edited at the time of adjustment.
- Click Apply to save your changes and continue setting defaults, or click OK to save your changes and close the window.
- If you do not select Calculate change given, you must manually enter the amount you return to the client in the payment window.
- If Use Cashier ID is selected, payments cannot be posted without cashier IDs set up under Lists > Cashier ID > New.
- If you are just starting to set up your system, type the adjustment comment that you want to appear when you set up your clients’ accounts (e.g., Balance transferred on 00/00/00).